jueves, 23 de enero de 2020

PRIMERA OBSERVACIÓN INGLÉS SECUNDARIA SEGOVIA


El pasado 22 de enero, Jessica Church, profesora del IES SIERRA DE AYLLÓN, estuvo en el CEO LA SIERRA en Prádena (Segovia), en el aula de su compañera Raquel Calleja. Fue un día lleno de experiencias e ideas como ella misma nos cuenta:
This morning I had the opportunity to work alongside Raquel Calleja in Prádena.  What I loved most about the experience was the fact that it reminded me of when I was an "auxiliar de conversación"--it was just so FUN.  Just for a moment I forgot about "finishing the textbook", grading exams, etc. and felt the joy that comes from interacting with students in an interesting, dynamic, fun atmosphere.  
I took home so many new ideas tools (websites, games....) after being in the classroom with Raquel and the ones that stood out for me were:
The website Piktochart (for creating an infographic)
  • Individual white boards for the students (they worked on Past Simple irregular verbs, and also pronunciation /t/ /d/ /Id/)
  • Using buzzers in the classroom
  • The website RubiStar for creating rubrics (so awesome!)
  • Brain Box, Conversation Cubes, Story Cubes, Word-Building Dominoes....
Of course, it was a pleasure watching Raquel in action.  I loved seeing the student-teacher dynamic that she has established, the work routines, her care when it comes to students with different needs (attention to diversity).  It was fantastic, and I'm already looking forward to my next visit.  I should also mention that Raquel and all of her coworkers were perfect hosts--so wonderful and kind and open to having a foreign stranger in their teachers' lounge! 
Thank you, Raquel! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario